Special rate and benefits to jumpstart your career
CPRS Ottawa–Gatineau is dedicated to providing exceptional value to members through a variety of benefits catering to every stage of their careers – at both the local and national level. The New Professional Member (Affiliate Member) is a special category with events, opportunities and resources designed specifically for those just beginning their careers. This membership type is for you if you have less than two years of professional experience and are looking to jumpstart your career.
6 Benefits of Becoming a CPRS Ottawa–Gatineau New Professional Member
- Mentee/leadership role as an associate director on the CPRS Ottawa-Gatineau board
- CPRS Ottawa-Gatineau PR Leadership Award ($500)
- PR Volunteer opportunities
- Career-building professional development events
- Member discount for chapter networking and PD events
- A wide range of CPRS National benefits
Join our Mentor Program
We are launching a Mentor Program to support new professionals who have worked for less than two years in the field as well as PR pros with three to five years’ experience. Mentees will be invited to join our CPRS Ottawa-Gatineau Board of Directors in the capacity of Associate Directors. Eligibility to participate in the Mentor Program requires candidates to be a full or affiliate member of CPRS National.